When you have a water disaster in your home, it can cause thousands of dollars in damage in just a short time. One of the worst things that can happen with water damage is mold growth. Unfortunately, mold growth is something that can happen rather quickly when there is a water problem. In fact, it can start to grow as fast as 24-48 hours after the water damage has occurred. This means that it is essential that you work quickly anytime you find that there is water leaking somewhere. AMMCO Restoration is here to talk about mold growth and what can accelerate mold growth in when water damage occurs.
What Conditions Does Mold Grow Fastest?
When it comes to mold growth and water damage, there are some conditions that will lend mold to grow more rapidly than others. Here are some of the things that can lead to more rapid growth.
– Moisture: Obviously, one of the things that will make mold start to grow quicker than anything else is excess moisture. Sometimes, homeowners make the mistake of thinking that if the water leak is fixed, the moisture will simply dry up and go away. This isn’t always the case, and it can lead to rapid mold growth anywhere the moisture is.
– Mold Spores: When there is mold present anywhere, it will release mold spores into the air. These tiny spores aren’t visible to the naked eye, but they sure can cause a number of problems for you. They settle on many different surfaces like your furniture, clothing and other surfaces in your home. If there are mold spores in your home, it can cause respiratory problems when inhaled. Mold spores in your home can lead to damaging mold growth.
– Ideal Temperatures: When the temperature in your home is between 60-70 degrees, it can create the ideal temperature for mold to flourish. If the temperature is too low, mold spores will freeze. Any temperatures above 100 will kill mold spores. However, if you have that goldilocks temperature and mold spores are present, it is a recipe for disaster.
– Food Source: What many people don’t realize is that mold needs to have a food source to survive and thrive. This is why mold is often a problem in basements. The environment is not only dark and damp, but there is usually a good food source down there including cardboard, wood beams, and other organic matter.
– Poor Ventilation: Having a decent amount of ventilation in your home can be extremely helpful in keeping mold at bay. When you don’t have good ventilation, you can run into high humidity levels and mold growth.
Water Damage Restoration in Aliante, Centennial, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Lone Mountain Village, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
If you have experienced water damage in your home, you can turn to AMMCO Restoration to help you get rid of the moisture that can cause mold to start growing in your home. We will help you clean up your disaster in no time. Call us today!