Our homes, family members, and beloved pets are the most important things we have. Protecting those close to our hearts, and ensuring they have roof over their head is top priority. It is true accidents and catastrophes are out of our control. Sudden fires due to faulty electrical wiring, pipes bursting causing floods, or mold slowly taking over our home can result in emotional, physical and financial hardships. There are still a few things we can do to protect our homes and family, and installing smoke and carbon monoxide is one of them. AMMCO Restoration would like to share the advantages and benefits of having a smoke and carbon monoxide detector in your home.
What are the Advantages of Using a Carbon Monoxide & Smoke Detector?
1. Detect Smoke Quickly. An alarm detector can pick up smoke or heat, allowing home occupants time for an orderly and preplanned evacuation of all persons and pets.
With that in mind, it is always good to plan and practice an escape route in the event of a life threatening dilemma which would result in folks clearing the building. Practice retrieving pets and children as needed and always remind those of the quick exit.
2. Carbon Monoxide in Not Easily Detectable? Since CO has no odor, color or taste, it cannot be detected by our senses but with early detection of carbon monoxide gas emitting, you can get your family and furry friends out before serious illness takes effect. If you do have a carbon monoxide it better dealt with calling the utility company for aid, and seek medical attention to be safe. Again, have an organized evacuation planned and practiced often, especially if little ones live in the home and need constant reminders on what to do in an emergency situation.
3. Peace of Mind House Fires are Prevented or Minimized. Having a detector picking up carbon monoxide gas or smoke or heat, can give you peace of mind in knowing that even in your deep slumber, if there is an emergency, you know that the alert will still give you ample town to arouse the other tenants and pets and get out in plenty of town before serious injury or fatalities happen.
Where Should Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Detectors Be Placed?
– When placing your smoke detectors, it is recommended that you place one in every room of your home. Avoid placing them too close to the shower in the bathroom, and not to place them too close to the stove or oven for unnecessary alarms.
– Carbon monoxide detectors should be placed on every floor of your home, in a single story it is wise to place them on opposite ends of your home.
– Be sure to test them frequently to ensure their efficiency and check on the batteries regularly. Follow manufacturer’s directions.
Fire & Water Damage Restoration in Aliante, Centennial, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Lone Mountain Village, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
AMMCO Restoration knows that when disaster strikes it is not a pleasant endeavor to clean up the mess. We have years of experience in fire or smoke damage, water damage or even mold outbreaks. With our expertise and equipment, we can help you get your home back to its comfortable safe haven. Call us today, we can answer your questions, and make this transition as easy as possible.